Today is Mother’s Day. What an honor it is to be a mom! I still wake up in awe and think, “Wow, He chose me.” Last night I was remembering lyrics to an old song. Be you can guess which one. 😉 Though the song is NOT a great song, the point is clear. We have to be like the virgin. The most infamous one is Mary, Jesus’s mother.
I have a special affection for her. So many reasons why, but the number one reason why is, no matter what came against her, she was faithful to GOD. I personally know how hard that can be, and am certain many of you do as well. Because serving God is NOT an easy path. But, it is so very worth it! Because there is nothing more spectacular, wonderful and amazing than the LOVE of GOD. The more we choose HIM, and obey HIS word, the better it gets!!!
So, in this entry of writing today, being a virgin is not just from a not having had sex standpoint. It is about purity, grace, love and more. Let’s look at the definition.
Definition of VIRGIN
b capitalized : virgo
b : an unmarried girl or woman
b : a person who is inexperienced in a usually specified sphere of activity
Examples of VIRGIN
- <a virgin in the world of comedy clubs, he’s still learning to deal with hecklers>
Origin of VIRGIN
Related to VIRGIN
- abecedarian, apprentice, babe, colt, cub, fledgling,freshman, greenhorn, neophyte, newbie, newcomer,novice, novitiate, punk, recruit, rook, rookie, tenderfoot,tyro, beginner
- My favorite one is NOT the first one. 🙂 Because I am not devoted to religion, But, I am absolutely 100% devoted to our awesome GOD! The definition I love is the young girl. I also love the synonyms.
- A virgin is someone who has been purified by God. Shouldn’t that be something we embrace? I can tell you when I married I was not a virgin. I so wanted to be, but it did not work out that way. What I can also share is that for the first almost 3 years of our marriage, we could not be physically intimate. In that time, God resurrected us. He healed many wounds that had come into our lives. That time we could not connect with each other, we began to connect to God more.
- He made us virgins ins HIM, so that we could be PURE before HIM. I remember one time Sarah E had just gone to sleep. She was over a year or so, and my husband David was watching Healing DVD’s because cancer was trying to take him out, and I fell before God in prayer. I kept crying out, “show him, show him, show him.”
- I did not know this then, but what I was crying out to GOD about was the GLORY of GOD. Specifically I was asking that my husband be shown just why GOD was my first, my true, and my one and only ETERNAL LOVE. It was not that I did not love my husband then. Nor, that I don’t now. I do, very much! But, most of ALL I love God within him. Because God in him is powerful, mighty, strong, a warrior, a leader, and so much more.
- I was not a physical virgin before marriage, but I was a VIRGIN in another way. I had never been officially married. I was a virgin to being a wife and mom, which incidently came close together. In fact, I became a mom, before I was married, just like Mary.
- Today I believe God is challenging us to become a virgin to LOVE. To ask HIM to bring us to a place of purity. His word says, “Blessed are the PURE in heart, for they shall see God.”
- I am, on some level, a virgin to LOVE. because until very recently I was a very bad receiver. I never believed anyone loved me, least of all God. But then, after years of crying out to God. He healed some very deep wounds regarding rejection, hopelessness, unworthiness and hate. For years, I detested myself. Even now, I have to wake up daily and thank God for who He has made me to be, and is making me to be. I do this to honor HIM, and to retrain my mind, as He gives us the mind of Christ.
- I have always LOVED everyone else, but knew deep within, that unless I received God’s love through others I would miss out on the promises and the PROMISED LAND.
- This morning, as our daughter came in with breakfast and a heart melting card that healed all the way down to my soul, I was blessed to experience MORE of God’s LOVE! My cup runneth over and I am beyond words grateful.
- Thank you for taking the time to read something a bit more personal today. I know we ALL have places God is smoothing out, and it is wonderful that we can share in each other’s journey together.
- Going to close with what has become my favorite verse.
2 Corinthians 12:9
Amplified Bible (AMP)
9 But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [a]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may [b]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
Praise GOD that NOTHING is impossible for HIM, even making us virgins again!!!!!
In His Grace,
12 May 2013