TRadition??? Or Destruction?
Borrowed this picture from a dear sister’s blog. THIS is NOT something to play with. Please pray about it. ~
When this assignment was given to me, I was anything but jumping for joy. Of course there is an honor in writing for HIM and through HIM. But, my flesh doesn’t always enjoy the warfare that happens in the process. However, it is way less complicated to simply obey God. Even the enemy’s team knows that GOD’s ways are best. They will tell you so, while trying to speak curses. But they cannot curse what God has blessed. The only thing that can temporarily create delays is disobedience.
So, let’s chat about TRadition. First we will break down the word. The begining is TR –
What does TR mean?
- .tr is the Internet country code top-level domain for Turkey. It is administered by Middle East Technical University Computer Center. .nc.tr is used as a second-level domain for the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, as it has no country code assigned.
- ADDITION- To add to, make more of. As websters defines it…
Full Definition of ADDITION1: a part added (as to a building or residential section)3: the act or process of adding; especially : the operation of combining numbers so as to obtain an equivalent simple quantity4: direct chemical combination of substances into a single product
— in addition to
Examples of ADDITION
- The children learned addition and subtraction.
- The museum’s collection includes several new additions.
Origin of ADDITION
addicion Anglo-French, from Latin addition-, additio, fromaddereFirst Known Use: 14th century
Related to ADDITION
- abatement, decline, decrease, decrement, depletion,diminishment, diminution, drop-off, fall, falloff,lessening, loss, lowering, reduction, shrinkage, step-down
- I knew when given this challenge, that it would not look or feel easy. Most LOVE their traditions. But, I challenge you to take them before GOD. He is not a fan of world holidays. There are many things He will use but NOT excuse. This is no exception.
- Just because we like something or it feels good, does not mean it respects, honors or pleases God. Now, we don’t want to be legalistic, that is true. BUT, as we get closer to HIM, we should crave this world less, not more. If we crave it more, we might consider which god we are getting closer to.
- Tradition is a holy sense is beautiful. But, God likes change. It is in change that HE brings transformation. It starts with surrender of small things, and then as it gets bigger and bigger, so do the blessings arriving. But, tradition of THIS world is not okay with GOD. He will give you grace to learn that fact. But, when you do, you must then quit participating in the world.
- There are things that are here in this world I enjoy. But, i do NOT have to have anything in this world. There is NOT one person that I would die without, except JESUS. Thankfully, HE is NOT of this world. He just can move in it, and for that we are very grateful. Years ago, we were led to drop the traditions of this world.
- We judge not others who keep these traditions, but we have been led not to do so. WE no longer celebrate holidays. We celebrate birthdays, because God is a GOD of LIFE, and we thank GOD for every day we can breathe. Every moment is a DIVINE gift. It saddens God when people do not receive HIS LOVE, and HIS blessings and appreciate what He brings us.
- Okay, time to get to it. Do world holidays celebrate GOD and HIS LOVE. The answer is NO. Are you willing to give up the traditions of this world? When GOD sees HIS kids celebrate things like Halloween, HIS heart aches. It is a holiday based on death. But, God has overcome death, so why celebrate it? Christmas is rooted in satanism. Yet, the world celebrates it and calls it Godly. Valentines Day is called a holiday of LOVE, but it comes from a catholic saint, and catholisim is rooted in witch craft.
- You can put your head in the sand about evil, but in the TIME we live in, would NOT recommend it. I believe we should be informed. God says clearly, “My people perish for lack of knowledge and vision.” There is something called the spirit of justification. It is a nasty one. It’s job is to convince us that no matter what we do, we don’t have to repent. It works closely with the serpent spirit and many others. It is time now, and the BODY of Christ is awakening. Many are not liking what they see or hear. They want things to stay the same, that have always been.
- But again, He says “I will come for a spotless bride. There will be no spots or wrinkles.” So, how can WE hold onto what HOLDS us away from God. Demons are like evil magnets. They are supposed to attempt to draw us into the world to get trapped. It REALLY is imprisonment. Do not let PHARAOH keep you captive. As a CHILD of God, you have access to HEAVEN. Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT have to wait to experience some of Heaven. You do have to do as GOD calls you to do.
- Matthew 10
5 Jesus sent out these twelve, charging them, Go nowhere among the Gentiles and do not go into any town of the Samaritans;
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand!
8 Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, drive out demons. Freely (without pay) you have received, freely (without charge) give.
THIS is no simple task, and it is utterly impossible for us, if on our own. BUT, we have JESUS to do it through us. GOD never fails! 🙂
I am going to post some links in relation to holidays. I will likely add to this entry later, but THIS is what I have been given for now. Seek the LORD, not from world religion but simply because HE LOVES you. God deserves our best, which is to REST in HIM. To repent, and o RESIST EVIL and STAND THANKFUL. Is this always easy? Well, NO it is not. But it is absolutely possible and WAY LESS complicated, when surrendering to GOD every single detail.
WE do what HE asks. It is NOT always easy or pleasant. WE see people who want to learn and grow, and WE see people who say they do but don’t. GOD sees ALL and thank GOD we do not. WE could not handle seeing every single piece of the GLORY being formed. He is merciful not to always show us. OUR job is to LOVE always.
Having said that last part, we should consider something. How do we show GOD LOVE? WE obey HIS will, and choose HIS plan. So, I encourage you ALL not to focus on how you or your children, that God has gifted you feel. Seek HIS plan about holidays. This is really NOT the time to waste time. Because time is coming to a close, as we know it.
Have added specific links on holidays one the next blog, “Holidays.”. I believe we should research HIS views, because they are ALL that matter.
In HIs Grace,
E and Family